Announcing the ICN Wellness Tree Photo Contest!
“A Focus on Nursing and Health Promotion”
Dear Congress Participants!
We are pleased to invite you to participate in the ICN Wellness Tree photo
competition entitled "A Focus on Nursing and Health Promotion". The contest aims
to collect and share photographs representing culturally relevant images of
healthy behaviour and how nurses are actively promoting healthy lifestyles to
address the global crisis of non-communicable diseases (NCDs).
How can you participate?
Participation is exclusive to nurses and nursing students from around the
world. Submission deadline is midnight Central European Time (CET) on Saturday 6
April 2013. Full information on the terms and conditions and how to participate
is available at
We are looking for photographs that include:
• Nurse-led outreach campaigns for healthy living in your community/region
• Nurses promoting healthy living via nursing interventions, tools and
• Healthy nutrition in your community/country
• Easily accessible physical activity in your community/country
&• Examples of people taking the right steps toward healthy living
What are the contest prizes?
Prizes for the top 3 submissions include:
• A 50% reduction of the ICN 2013 Melbourne Congress registration fee
• Exhibit of winning photographs at the Wellness Tree booth during ICN Quadrennial Congress
Prizes for the top 10 submissions include:
• A Florence Nightingale bear and donation made in the winner’s name to the Girl Child
• Posting of the photograph on the Wellness Tree Website
We hope you will submit your entry and participate in our quest to encourage a healthy
and long life for everyone!
Find out more here